Monday, October 8, 2007

Health Insurance

If you've watched the news in the past week, you'll know that President Bush vetoed an expansion to the S-CHIP program. Details on the veto here.

Michelle has a great post about how the Dems are holding up one particular family in their fight to get the veto overturned.

All I really want to say is that from 2001-2005 and then from 2007-now I have been self-employed as a software developer / consultant / contractor. During that time, we built a house and have purchased two new vehicles. I have also paid for private health insurance for my family during those times. We currently pay close to $600 per month to cover two adults and two kids (ages 4 and 6). We're all pretty healthy and don't smoke. Is it expensive? Hell yea, but would I ever be without health insurance coverage? No way. Not with two young children.

I'd love to pay less for my coverage, but I DO NOT WANT, nor will I support any kind of national healthcare.

No comments: